Dark prints from Canon 9000 Mark ii calibrated

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
kenwj
Contributing MemberPosts: 570Gear list
Like?
Re: Dark prints from Canon 9000 Mark ii calibrated
In reply to Adam Filipowicz, Jan 3, 2013

This may help.  I had the same problem with my Pro 9500 and Datacolor software.  I assume if you are running OSX you have an Apple display.

Email from David Brooks

Probably the reason you are having difficulties getting color managed prints that are too dark is because the Apple Cinema Display has only one adjustment control (brightness) while most others have both brightness and contrast adjustments. So a typical calibration and profiling with software like DataColor Spyder3 Elite will result in a display adjustment that has too high a white luminance even when brightness is turned down, and then the curves are distorted.
) that does a DDC interface with the display video to make a correct adjustment of the display to achieve a balanced white luminance of 80-90 CD/m2 and a black luminance just above zero. Your Spyder3 colorimeter will work with the ColorEyes Display Pro. But don't expect professional graphics performance from a Cinema Display, it is an sRGB home office display.www.integrated-color.comThere is one software available called ColorEyes Display Pro (
The method you used may work, but so does making the brightness adjustment compensation in the image editing, but it is very dependent on image content, so the results are trial and error. A good color managed adjustment, calibration and profiling will provide a better and more reliable solution.
My best wishes,
  David B. Brooks  
SHUTTERBUG MAGAZINE
 kenwj's gear list:kenwj's gear list
Nikon D800
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow