Anyone compared the video performance of the Olympus 60mm 2.8 and 75mm 1.8 lenses?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 12,745Gear list
Like?
I'm not state-side - been working in China for a number of years.
In reply to Adventsam, Jan 3, 2013

So, my original GH2 (PAL) was one of the first from Hong Kong, and I just ordered a second from B&H, so it will be the US standard. However, the 1.1 firmware allows adjustment of some things regarding that...and one of the reasons for the second body was to hack one of them.

As for the OM-D, I bought one last summer and, on the same day, took it whale-watching outside Boston. Considering the movement of the boat and my total unfamiliarity with the camera (didn't even know how to manually focus in video, for example), I was pleasantly surprised by the video, as you have also said. The lens I used was the Pany 45-175X.

It will be interesting to see if someone creates a good hack for the OM-D to expand its video capabilities. Once in a while I read something on m4/3, but nothing solid.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow