Camera Sling Strap + Tripod Plate Mount?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Questions thread
CalifJewls
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera Sling Strap + Tripod Plate Mount?
In reply to gringarense, Jan 3, 2013

gringarense wrote:

Hey everyone.

I have a Canon T2i and a Benro Tripod with a ballhead and a ARCA-swiss type plate . I am trying to find a sling strap, similar to the BalckRapid system that can be used seamlessly with my tripod. In other words, I would like to not have to unscrew the sling screw from the bottom of the camera and screw in the tripod plate.

In other words, I want to be able to screw in the tripod plate with the sling strap screw and be able to quick release the sling strap and plop the camera on the tripod.

Does this make sense?

Thanks a bunch!

It makes perfect sense and I wish tha Black Rapid would come up with a solution for those of us that own non- Manfrotto tripods, I in fact emailed them in regards to this, no reply yet.

I did stumble upon a sling strap by www.carryspeed.com, you can have your tripod plate attached at all times and the actual connector seems to be designed even stronger than the BR connector.

-- hide signature --

- Julie
"We don't remember days, we remember moments"..

CalifJewls's gear list:CalifJewls's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow