Portraits with the 45/1.8

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
rkeller
Senior MemberPosts: 1,066
Like?
Re: Portraits with the 45/1.8
In reply to dgnelson, Jan 3, 2013

dgnelson wrote:

Personally, I think vignetting looks good. It's not about how well the lens makes the corners look, it's about how the subject looks. To my eye, the vignetting is a good way to de-emphasise the background and bring the centre of attention to the subject.

Dan

In this case, it makes the corners (and parts of the subject) look like gray mud. And it distracts greatly from the s subject.

-- hide signature --

"If you simplify your English, you are freed from the worst follies of orthodoxy. You cannot speak any of the necessary dialects, and when you make a stupid remark its stupidity will be obvious, even to yourself." - George Orwell "Politics and the English Language"
"Unfortunately, in digital photography a lot of people are seeing pixels, not photographs ... Everyone together now: it's not the pixels. Sing it with me." - Thom Hogan
"If you pick up a camera with any sort of serious intent, you will at least occasionally need to use a flash. Done deal. Lock solid, Take it to the bank." - Joe McNally

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow