Help me learn! FZ200

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
QuirkySue
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Re: Help me learn! FZ200
In reply to DoctorG1, Jan 3, 2013

DoctorG1 wrote:

If you aren't selling your stuff and don't print huge , then optimise for JPEG. If you have time on your hands and want to post process all your stuff (gets to be a PITA after a while) and are into pixel peeping , then shoot raw. (If you underexpose in raw , you will *have* to post process to get a good jpeg , if you shoot correctly exposed , you can shoot raw and jpeg and choose what to PP or if you want to PP)

If you are stressed about noise and feel the small senor is a limit to your photography , then get a DSLR, they more or less the same price as a FZ200....

-- hide signature --

Rodney Gold The nicest thing about smacking your head against the the wall is.......The feeling you get when you stop

I do sell some of my photos, but just through a POD where people are perhaps less picky and it's more about what I am shooting than how well I shot it. I did make the decision to get the best non DSLR I could rather than having to buy/carry/switch lenses. I guess raw + fine jpg is the route most take for the best of both worlds. Properly exposed. Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow