Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tomhongkong
Senior MemberPosts: 2,401
Like?
Off camera flash with X10
Jan 3, 2013

I am used to using off camera flashes with my Minolta and Sony DSLRs and would like to find a simple set up for the X10.  I don't like the results from on camera flash.

I need the ability for the unit to function as a slave flash, and to tilt for bounce.  I am prepared for the fact that I will have to adjust power manually.

I have tried an adaptor with my Sony flashes, which is supposed to fire them as a slave, but cannot get that to work.  Has anyone done this or can recommend a reliable slave flash adaptor?

Alternatively I could buy a new 'slave' flash unit.  Can anyone recommend a smallish one (the whole purpose of trying the X10 is to reduce the bulk of the photo gear I carry).  The EF20 tilts but needs a slave adaptor, the EX f20 acts as a slave but will not tilt (unless anyone knows of a 'tilting' base?)

Happy New Year

tom

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow