Are Long-time Olympus users like Leica Zealots?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,328Gear list
Like?
Re: Are Long-time Olympus users like Leica Zealots?
In reply to rrr_hhh, Jan 3, 2013

rrr_hhh wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

Yes, there is, it's daft when you see people prattling on about "when is Oly going to release a 25mm F1.8?" as if the PL 25mm didn't exist (and if you post on those threads no one replies to you...). I take it as a lack of familiarity with M43s. People will learn...

Depending on your budget, the Panasonic 25mm F1.4 is pretty expensive. Many hope that an Olympus 25mm F1.8 would be smaller, lighter and cost less. It could also get the same zone focusing ability as the 12 and 17mm. I'm sure some would like to see an Olympus 25mm cousin to the affordable 45mm F1.8 rather than to the 12 and 17mm at that.

I own a Panasonic 25mm (and several other Panasonic lenses) and love the results I'm getting on the E-M5, but well the Panasonic look is quite uggly, especially when you are using the big rectangular and cumbersome hood. Nevertheless, the only Panasonic lens I regreat to have bought is the 100-300mm : it isn't able to focus to infinite when set at the long end, starting from around 250mm, but Panasonic's support says it is "inside specifications".

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

All of which is completely fair enough (and a matter of personal taste), but I do remember mentioning the Panny 25 to someone who wanted an Oly 25 and it "didn't register"...

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Nikon D800E Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow