ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EyesHigh
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
A real enthusiast seeking advice
Jan 3, 2013

Hi there,

I have been involved with photography for around 4 years and from memory started on a basic Panasonic $200NZD/$166USD, then a $350NZD/$291USD Kodak, followed by my current camera a $700NZD/$580USD Canon S95. I’d like to gain advice on possible upgrades from the S95 as, although it is a brilliant camera with plenty of features and above average picture quality, I feel other cameras, due to continuous technological developments, may offer superior image quality and tools (such as selective AF areas and improved picture quality). My main question here, then, is whether or not there is a camera, from your experiences, which surpasses the S95 within the confines of a similar, or slightly increased, budget. Whether it be an entry-level DSLR or the Sony RX100 which I’ve read much about, I’d really appreciate thoughts and advice on cameras between the $550USD-$700USD price range which would be a sensible 'next-step-up' camera. Thoughts on models, features, reputation of brands/particular models, and currently most advanced cameras would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

EyesHigh's gear list:EyesHigh's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow