Contributing MemberPosts: 538
Like?
Re: head to head at 800ISO
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 3, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

DS21 wrote:

PAUL TILL wrote:

HZP wrote:

Yeah, I know. Even the "old" f100fd" beats the f200exr. Who cares about fi a better EVF etc if the IQ lags behind? Maybe the comming Fujibriges will change things. But even today I would prefer the old S100fs with an up to date EVF and faster focus..

Why?

I quite liked my S100FS's until I got my X-S1, I couldn't go back now.

EVF

Battery

Zoom

Speed

Ergonomics

Build quality

The list is endless, the S100FS has nothing on the X-S1.

Endless list but no IQ on it...

Of course not. The X-S1 has a distinctly second rate IQ. It's for people who want "good enough" and nothing more.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

I guess there is a big difference between the "first" X-S1 and the "second" modified X-S1. The first was BAD. The second one performs much better, nothing wrong with Paul's duck. This duck looks better than the s100fs duck. So use the right setting for the EXR camera's and the sooc shots look great. btw 7 / 8 MP is about the same resolution old film has.

Peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow