Einstein 640

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
pursang
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
Re: Einstein 640
In reply to Christopher D Mann, Jan 3, 2013

Christopher D Mann wrote:

Mark, Thanks for sharing the shots. I really like the second one. Can I ask you what problems were you having with the pocket wizards? I have a plus III and have the Mini TT1 on the way from B&H. I want to get the power MC2 for Einstein also so I will have power tracking capability. Looks like a very usable feature. I noticed your camera info also. Were you trying to use PW with 1DX. I dont believe they are compatible yet.

I had originally purchased the PW Flex system for my Canon speed lights. I had an awful time getting them to work consistently. LPA sent me those silly socks to put on the flash units, still didn't make much difference. Went into my drawer and every time a new firmware update came out I'd try and still no luck. Bought one of their hard shields and worked better, except I use external power packs and they didn't manufacture them to fit an external pack. So I had to buy an extension unit. In short the units didn't work well and I gave up and sold all of my LPA stuff and will never return.

No, I didn't use it on the 1DX since I sold all of that PW crap before I got my new rig. I never considered the MC2 unit since Paul's Cyber gear works perfectly.

pursang's gear list:pursang's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow