Pentax User - Questions re: OM-D

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
lester11
Regular MemberPosts: 390Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax User - Questions re: OM-D
In reply to windriver, Jan 3, 2013

1) How precisely can the OM-D pick a (small) focus point?

I ran a K-5 for a couple of years, now using the OM-D.  Though the default OM-D single focus point seems quite a large patch, I still found a somewhat higher keepers rate by comparison -- I'd say that where 15% of my K-5 shots missed focus, its 7% or 8% for the OM-D.  You can set a smaller OM-D focus area (p. 45 of the instruction manual), I've put it onto Fn-1.

3) What do you do when you want shallower depth of field? Has the small sensor been a significant limitation in this area?

I find the Panny 25/1.4 and the Oly 60/2.8 give me all the depth of field I want.  I'll be getting the Oly 17/1.8 to allow the available light three-person restaurant shot soon...  I ran the equivalents, Pentax 55/1.4, Pentax 100/2.8, and the Sigma 30/1.4, on the K-5 and do not find I'm missing out on DOF.

-- hide signature --

Lester

lester11's gear list:lester11's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow