The one thing, by Thom Hogan

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,814Gear list
Like?
Nikon 24-70 f2.8 needs a Zoom Lock , VR replacement Re: The one thing, by Thom Hogan
In reply to eNo, Jan 3, 2013

eNo wrote:

"...the one thing I'm looking most for in 2013 is any indication that Nikon understands that many of their actions and inactions have been slowly upsetting their current customer base. Denials (or simply no acknowledgment) of quality control problems. The continued use of "impact damage" as a primary response to product problems that are more likely design defects (why is it that "tight zoom" rings on 24-70mm lenses are common, but always marked up as impact damage? Does Nikon think we're all hitting our zoom rings with hammers?). Huge discounts on relatively new equipment that the faithful probably paid full price on. The list goes on and on and on.

Just once in 2013 I'd like to see Nikon do something that's not customer antagonistic but customer friendly. Just once I'd like to see Nikon do something proactive for their loyal customers rather than reactive. I actually don't get pleasure from writing about the things that Nikon has been doing to its customers in the past several years. Behind the scenes I've been trying to help Nikon users get satisfaction on repairs and problems, and sometimes have success at that. But sometimes I encounter things like this: I asked two different Nikon product managers two simple but specific questions at Photokina. Both wrote down my questions, took my card, and promised to get back to me. Three months later, neither have. If I can't get a response out of Nikon, heaven help the casual customer. "

Well,  I am so glad he mentioned the Nikon24-70 f2.8 ...  sent mine in 3 times (zoom repair).

and after the Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VR (VC), I think is shows how useful VR can be on a 24-70 f2.8 and even more so with Video.

just saying

HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow