Help me learn! FZ200

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
eagle2a
Senior MemberPosts: 1,890
Like?
Re: Help me learn! FZ200
In reply to DoctorG1, Jan 3, 2013

DoctorG1 wrote:

If you aren't selling your stuff and don't print huge , then optimise for JPEG. If you have time on your hands and want to post process all your stuff (gets to be a PITA after a while) and are into pixel peeping , then shoot raw. (If you underexpose in raw , you will *have* to post process to get a good jpeg , if you shoot correctly exposed , you can shoot raw and jpeg and choose what to PP or if you want to PP)

If you are stressed about noise and feel the small senor is a limit to your photography , then get a DSLR, they more or less the same price as a FZ200....

-- hide signature --

Rodney Gold The nicest thing about smacking your head against the the wall is.......The feeling you get when you stop

SUE: I agree with what DoctorG1 said.

The FZ200 is a mixed bag. It is as simple, or as complicated, as you want it to be. I have found JPEG's at -1 Sharp and -1 NR to be quite good. If the noise is to much for you then use Neat Image as a free limited piece of software. Easy to use and you can not beat free (limited version). There are loads of posts regarding this camera and this approach.

I have the FZ200 and print 99% 4x6's. and for the web. Works great for me.

Good luck!

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow