OT: The best news all year

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Birk Binnard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,720
Like?
Music to my ears
In reply to malch, Jan 3, 2013

My home is in an area where there is no over-the-air TV so it is mandatory to have either cable or satellite TV.  I've got Verizon FIOS which is terrific service, but is also quite expensive, and the service "bundles" are rather broad in their content.

From what I've read recently all cable/satellite suppliers will be increasing their prices to pay for the inflated charges the professional sports leagues are charging.  I happen to be one of those people who doesn't give a whit about professional sports and don't want my monthly bills increased to pay for them.  But of course no TV subscription service will ever offer a la cart pricing because that would vastly reduce the number of channels they can carry and thus reduce the number of advertising slots they can sell.

Intel's approach seems much more appealing to me; I would gladly be willing to pay a bit more per channel in exchange for having only the channels I want - which total about 15 out of the 250 or so I am obliged to have now.

-- hide signature --

Birk Binnard
www.birkbinnard.com/photography;

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow