The resolution of the fujifilm xe1 question

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Charles C Lloyd
Senior MemberPosts: 1,114
Like?
Re: The resolution of the fujifilm xe1 question
In reply to Trudy33, Jan 3, 2013

Trudy, perhaps this approach will help you in your analysis (although I realize I am straying from the intent of your original question).  I did this for myself and concluded that the XE-1 was the best answer for me.  You should consider doing this sort of heads up comparison yourself in whatever part of the DP review test image you think reflects your areas of concern.  For me, this "watch face" demonstrated a condition that I have had trouble with in the past, so I concentrated on this for my comparison.

Basically, I went through every camera in the list the DP review "High ISO" test offers.  I selected out those which I thought were competitive with the X-E1, regardless of price range.  All others were not even close, IMHO.  I did a screen grab of the results and kept them for future reference.  I include them here so you can see more clearly what I am referring to.  I think you can see why I opted for the XE-1 (well, there were other corroborating reviews I leaned on as well)

I also did a similar head-to-head comparison in other regions of that test image, but I felt this color combination, light intensity, and various forms of hard edges represented the conditions that I care about the most, or have had difficulty with in the past.

I hope you find this helpful.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow