Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,666Gear list
Like?
Sony A99 a dead end?
Jan 3, 2013

From the glass-half-full thread: "[S]ince Sony has jumped off in still another direction and has cancelled the direct followup for the a99, it's start over time yet again with them."

What's this about Sony canceling future development after the A99? Are they abandoning full-frame DSLT/DSLR again, perhaps to concentrate on NEX?

Matters a lot to me because I am expecting delivery of my A99 tomorrow. I prefer the EVF and the A99's other advantages. But moving from the A77 to the A99 is going to be another system upheaval for me — and it won't cost me much more to switch to Nikon or even Canon at this point than to Sony full-frame. The D600's dust problem makes me nervous but it might by now have been fixed, and Nikon does have a better flash system than Sony and other advantages. And I'm sure that Nikon and Canon aren't going to announce tomorrow that they're going to stop making cameras and concentrate in future on making wrist watches that can record 3D video.

Should I be worried? This isn't just a hobby for me. Is the A99 going to be a dead end?

Will

p.s. This is a rewritten (shortened) reposting of a question I asked directly in response in the other thread. But it got little attention there, hence this new thread, which is what I should have done in the first place. I really would like to get some input.

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
Nikon D600 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow