Photozone Reviews Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS (SEL-55210)

Started Mar 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
jjcpa
Regular MemberPosts: 258
Like?
Re: Photozone Reviews Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS (SEL-55210)
In reply to hrhkenneth, Jan 3, 2013

I am thinking to get either Canon 70-200mm F4.0 on 5DII or E55-210 on NEX-5N. My main usage is to shoot high school band concert or other performances - indoor without flash.

Do anybody use E55-210 for indoor concert? How does it comparing to Canon 70-200F4.0?

I prefer the smaller 55-210 if there are no big difference.

thanks, JJCPA

hrhkenneth wrote:

i beg to disagree with this review. let me couch this in the proper terms. i am an owner of a canon 60D with my tele lens being a canon 70-200 is L lens. the gold standard to many.

i purchased the nex 6 . i recently received the 55-200 in the mail, and took many photos with it

to compare to my canon. i am almost embarrassed to say that it compares very well with my canon. if fact, at the long end, i am just amazed at the detail and clarity that sony is able to produce. perhaps i got a great copy of the sony? i am now asking myself, at equal apertures, how can the sony actually keep up with the canon? IT DOES !

of course the canon is a fast, 2.8 lens, and the sony isnt. Needless to say, i totally disagree with the Photozone Review. Perhaps they had early or bad copies? I for one, am selling my cannon equipment. Sony has won me over....and my friends are following suit !

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow