Help-E-5 CF&SD card question!

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
drj3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,490Gear list
Like?
Re: Help-E-5 CF&SD card question!
In reply to Gary Blake, Jan 3, 2013

I don't know why you would want to take the card out of the camera and use a card reader.  The only time I take a card out of my camera is when both 16 GB cards are full (E5).  Even then I put the cards back into the camera and transfer directly from the camera to the computer, verify the transfer worked, back up the images on an external drive and then format the cards in the camera.  I no longer even have a card reader and have transefered over 61000 images for an E510 and over 72000 images from an E5 and never had a problem with any card or tranfer.  The camera connected to the computer is simply the equivalent of an external drive and the files can be copied directly to your computer hard drive in the same way you would copy them to the second card in your camera.

When I originally started digital photography with P&S cameras, I used a card reader and often had problems with the computer recognizing the card reader or reading the card which is why I changed to camera transfer of images to the computer.

Should you have problems with a card, Iolo's Search and Recover ($40) is fairly good at recovering files which have been deleted as well as files from formatted or corrupted drives or cards without causing further damage to the files.  If the charge is only $400, then the file revovery was fairly simple and probably recovered with software similar to Search and Recover.

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow