The resolution of the fujifilm xe1 question

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,291Gear list
Like?
Re: The resolution of the fujifilm xe1 question
In reply to Trudy33, Jan 3, 2013

Trudy33 wrote:

.... i have also read in these forums somewhere it appears to produce higher resolution images than other "typical" 16 mp cameras but I can not find where I read this again.

I think you may be referring to dpreview's own findings (ref X-Pro1 Review - Resolution)

Here is a direct quote from that page ....

"There are several points to be made here. Firstly, the X-Pro1 shows visibly higher resolution in this chart test than a conventional 16MP Bayer-type camera such as the Nikon D7000, or even the Sony NEX-5N (which has a particularly weak AA filter). In fact, in terms of resolution it's very close indeed to the 24MP Sony NEX-7 or the Sigma SD1 ..."

and ...

".... the X-Pro1 continues to show line structure beyond its Nyquist limit"

Keep in mind the X-Pro1 and X-E1 have exactly the same X-Trans sensor so resolution findings for X-Pro1 applies to X-E1. And yes, it is a brand new design and very different sensor to the old Bayer pattern used in other cams.

You are bound to get some who will disagree but dpreview's reviews and findings are perhaps some of the most unbiased in the industry. Read about dpreview .

Cheers

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow