Lens comparison Olympus XZ-1 v. Canon G15

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jim4850
Regular MemberPosts: 236Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens comparison Olympus XZ-1 v. Canon G15
In reply to sait, Jan 3, 2013

sait wrote:

Hello Jim, thanks for your comments. We'll agree to disagree on merits of shooting JPEG v. RAW - the topic has been discussed thousands of times.

Fairly endlessly.

What you did show in my eyes was the XZ-2 having a better lens and the Canon having the better sensor, but exterior RAW processing may very well not smooth out some of the kinks and quirks of the camera that the JPG programmers have built into the camera's engine, so it's possible it's a tad unfair, but the post was another good endorsement of the XZ-1.

When I was fairly serious about buying a XZ-1 I ended up buying an E-PL1 due to price, it's not a decision I regret, I rate the E-PL1 ahead of the E-PL2 due to the weaker anti-aliasing filter but I'm always wondering if I should have opted for the XZ-1 at the time, my eyes think it's an exceptional compact.

jim4850's gear list:jim4850's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P510 Olympus SZ-16 iHS Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Samsung NX100 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow