Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paulkienitz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,690Gear list
Like?
my Q has arrived
Jan 3, 2013

...and so far, I'm not as thrilled as I hoped.  So far, it's not so different from shooting with my gf's P&S.  (I'm even using a leftover wrist strap instead of a neck strap.)  It takes FOREVER to autofocus the 02 zoom in incandescent light -- once the firmware update is done so I have focus peaking, I might just turn the AF off.  (The firmware is on the SD card, but the battery was almost empty on arrival so it'll probably be a while before it's ready.)

My cheap K adapter isn't here yet.  Maybe tomorrow.  With that it'll all be manual focus, so the peaking is essential.  It was only because they added that feature that I changed my mind and bought the camera.

I'm looking forward to trying video shooting with birds and so on.  Might have to buy bigger memory cards.

-- hide signature --

Q with 02 zoom and cheap K adapter
K10D, Sig 17-70, DA 55-300, FA 50/1.4 "Billy Bass"
discards: DA 50-200 "zipper", F 100-300, Sigma 135-400 "piglet", M 400/5.6 "the Great Truncheon"

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow