What Is It With Fuji X and AF Performance?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
David V
Contributing MemberPosts: 986Gear list
Like?
Re: this is Fuji issue, not CDAF
In reply to Mr Hyde, Jan 3, 2013

Mr Hyde wrote:

ohmydentist wrote:

Sony Nex, Olympus, and Panasonic cameras with CDAF all show blazing fast AF, only thing lagging behind PDAF would be subject tracking.

I remember it took a few years for Olympus to catch up to Panasonic's AF speed, and I'm sure Fuji is going through the same learning curve.

-- hide signature --

^__^
Just Shoot !

I'd take issue with you in relation to the Sony NEX 7, at least. I owned that and enjoyed it, but AF was no better than the X-Pro, in my view. It was a frequent occurrence that I missed shots because the camera could not focus, or would not focus accurately. It just seems to me that the case is overstated by many, and I get about as many red frames on my Fuji as I got green dotted borders on my NEX.

Yes, and with the lineup of native E-mount lenses, the image quality out of the NEX line is just above mediocre.  I have and NEX 5N, and I only use it for video or if my girlfriend wants to use it, as she likes it's size and the graphical menu (go figure).

David V's gear list:David V's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow