What Is It With Fuji X and AF Performance?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,909Gear list
Like?
Re: Glass half empty?
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 3, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

The OP was comparing with other CDAF systems, not an SLR. I stand by what I said regarding other CSCs.

I also own a D600 specifically for moving subject photography and high-volume shoots in poor light. No CSC does a great job with moving subjects compared to an SLR.

But for static subjects the Xpro1 and Xe1 (and X100) are more accurate than any SLR over a wider range of lighting spectra, even if they take longer to lock. For comparisons I have used a D90, D7000, D700 and D600 all of which are better than the S5 but still not as accurate as the Xpro1.

Why don't you just buy a D600? It does everything you want and is accurate enough for anything except DOF critical applications.

A D600 does not "do" Fuji colors and PP'ing that into images is not an option.

So then your whole quandary should end here. Please, please. Get the Fuji. It's obvious that you want Fuji colors, so there is only one solution. For the sake of all here, please get the Fuji and be done with it! Please!

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow