induna
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Re: Could you clarify that please Trevor
In reply to rambler35, Jan 3, 2013

rambler35 wrote:

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

AlexF1 wrote:

Hi Trevor, I am unable to get my G5 to work as you described - I can only get Ex Tele to work if it is enabled in Movie menu and the lever is assigned to zoom. Can you describe how you got your to work via picture mode?

Thanks, Alex

I just followed the instructions in the manual. page 80. It quite clearly gives different methods for stills and movies. I folowed the stills instructions which does not involve the ex tele conv setting in the menu. I tried stills with that setting and it has no impact at all.

-- hide signature --

Trevor, is this significant for explaining the puzzle? This quote from page 81 seems to suggest that Ex Tele works for stills only when using Power Zoom lenses (with zoom levers).

"When using the interchangeable lens (H-PS14042) having a zoom lever (Optical Zoom and Extra Tele Conversion for still picture recording are operable) (my italics)

When using the interchangeable lens (H-FS014042, H-FS45150) having a zoom ring (Optical Zoom is operable)"

-- hide signature --

Richard --

To use Extra tele conversion for stills you need to have three separate settings as follows:

1. Picture Quality needs to be set to JPEG only. Not RAW or RAW + JPEG.

2. Picture Setting must be set to M or S in any aspect ratio.

3. The Zoom Lever must be set to Zoom even with manual zoom lenses.

When everything is set properly, the Picture Quality icon on the display will begin with 'ex' and you will be able to activate the extended tele conversion by using the zoom lever.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow