32 bit files for HDR question

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark Scott Abeln
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,223Gear list
Like?
Re: 32 bit files for HDR question
In reply to Ash83, Jan 3, 2013

Ash83 wrote:

When i tried to use HDR Pro in CS5 with my raw files from D600, it did not work because I guess with CS5 adobe stopped ACR at 6.7 which does not include D600..

Yes.

Do you recommend then to convert the raw file (*.nef) to *.dng then use HDR Pro (CS5)

You could do that, and I’ve done that in the past, although nowadays I use Nikon View NX2 to do the initial conversion to 16 bit tiff.

One thing you will want to be aware of — if the images aren’t aligned perfectly, you will have trouble with the HDR process. I stack them in Photoshop and do a manual alignment. Sometimes anchoring one or another layer will make for a better alignment compared to doing the whole thing automatically. Sometimes only one layer is out of alignment and so I only align that layer with its neighbor instead of attempting to align all the layers at once.

Also, you will get better alignment if you correct your images for lens distortion ahead of time.

It is a tedious, time-consuming process, but the end result may be better. Not all of us have a tripod made of solid granite

Mark Scott Abeln's gear list:Mark Scott Abeln's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Rokinon 85mm F1.4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow