HS25EXR Is this the best sharpness I can expect?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,683Gear list
Like?
Re: HS25EXR Is this the best sharpness I can expect?
In reply to ragingangel, Jan 2, 2013

ragingangel wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been using C mode versus shutter priority. Can you tell me why this would be better? I also have been using M as I noticed that many folks have suggested this. Ideally I am trying to find a single way to get the best resolution and sharpness. I would think that given the softness, that sharpening won't help much with small feathers and grass as it is already smeared. Edge sharpening on the beak and the major feathers did help slightly. Also do you know if the DR400 setting affects just the size of the image/resolution, or does it affect other aspects of the image? As I understand it the DR settings use more pixels for sampling to provide a better average dynamic range.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Dave Brown (Shooting digital since 1998)
http://davidmjbrown.blogspot.com/?view=magazine

It all depends if you post process or not. If no PP, then I recommend sharpness standard and intelligent sharpness on to combat slight softness of images inherent to this camera (and HS30). For the rest, M is better then L and DR is best set to 400 (but only in M size, otherwise ISO will be also set to 400.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow