Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,903Gear list
Like?
OMD: Changing the focus box size
Jan 2, 2013

So many threads have been posted about how to set focus box size (especially to make it smaller) that I don't remember all the various options. So, I played around with my OMD and discovered something I had not seen written before. Since this appears to be useful (at least to me) I'll post here how I change the size and location of the focus box.

First, press the Info button to bring up the screen called "Information Display On" in the manual. This is the one with the settings around the edge of the screen.

Now, press the touch screen activation setup (bottom left) until you see the screen to activate the button. It's the one that shows the finger in the box, without the line through it.

Now touch the screen where you want to focus. Anywhere is OK. This brings up a slider on the right side, it has the number 7 at the top and 2.5x at the bottom. Using your finger, slide the slider until you get the box size you want. 2.5x is biggest; 7 the smallest. Now you can move the box anywhere you like by sliding it with your finger.

Note that the box is visible on both the LVF and EVF. Also, if you change the screen (Info button), the box remains. You can now take the picture.

Several notes: to get out of this screen press the finger button again. Also, you can't get the smallest box (14x) but this is a fast way to set the box size and location.

Hope this info is useful for someone, sorry if it is a duplicate.

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow