"Brave New World" | Long Exposure Landscape | Sony a55+Sigma 10-20mm+ND filters

Started Jan 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michaels7
Contributing MemberPosts: 504Gear list
Like?
Re: "Brave New World" | Long Exposure Landscape | Sony a55+Sigma 10-20mm+ND filters
In reply to José Ramos, Jan 2, 2013

José Ramos wrote:

Michaels7 wrote:

José Ramos wrote:

Michaels7 wrote:

st coast. I haven't done night time beach shoots since 2004. I wanted to test out my Sony A99.

I'm sure your a99 will rock on landscapes!

-- hide signature --

Indeed. My old Minolta 7D rocked doing this back in 2004. But the A99 blows it out of the water. It's a very forgiving camera due to it's wide dynamic range. That was a priority for me when the 7D came out and a Minolta survey questions were asked. During those earlier years, the dynamic range in digital weren't getting what I was getting from film. Sony got it right in this camera. Fuji got it right too. Anyways, nice images.

Since my beloved Pentax K10d (followed by the Sony a55 and then a77) I've found the immense pleasure of sliding that magical "fill light" control in Adobe Camera Raw, and suddenly see the black shadows coming to life with hidden image information! It's really forgiving, and I bet the a99 is a dynamic range dream!

It is. Straight out of the camera and displayed on your LCD. The meter system and dynamic are spot on.

-- hide signature --
 Michaels7's gear list:Michaels7's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow