wildlife flash-fast reset (unique question)

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
petersampson
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
wildlife flash-fast reset (unique question)
Jan 2, 2013

Hi all,

New to the forum and had a quick flash question. I have a Canon EOS 400D/digital rebel XTi camera that is triggered to take pictures of wildlife when motion is sensed. Basically the camera sits for a long long time and then an animal comes by and is quickly and is gone.

I want to get as many pictures as possible during that brief period when the animal is in front of the camera. I am looking for a 2 or 3 flashes to be triggered wirelessly at the same time the picture is taken. Because wildlife doesn’t come that around often, I would like the camera to take pictures as quickly as my rebel or other SLR camera can go (3fps for the rebel XTi). Is there a reasonably price flash that could refresh this fast, would be compatible with my 400D/rebel XTi camera, and has decent battery life when in standby mode. I was going to modify the flash to run off larger batteries to get more life out of it (I will modify my flash to run off D batteries instead of AA’s). It can be an older model flash, but wondering if there is anything that would fit my requirements. Thanks for your help in advance!

Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow