Gray Market Lens Repair, Serial Numbers, etc.

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jim F
Senior MemberPosts: 1,681
Like?
Re: Gray Market Lens Repair, Serial Numbers, etc.
In reply to larrywilson, Jan 2, 2013

larrywilson wrote:

I'm still checking with Nikon Authorized service centers and now with Nikon usa after checking with b & h. It seems like I am getting a different answer depending on who I ask. I am thinking the retailers that sell gray market lenses are not going to be up front with what happens if a gray market lens needs a repair after the 1 year warranty. I do know that to do a computer generated repair on a lens that the Nikon software locks out all lenses that aren't Nikon USA.

Another words I am getting no straight answers as of present.

Larry

The only thing that I am certain of at this point is that, from now on, I will never buy a used Nikkor lens from anyone or any business (especially eBay) or any Nikon owner forum, e.g. Fred Miranda or Nikonians unless the seller has a bona fide receipt with the serial number. Then I'll call Nikon and see if they can tell me if it was gray market or USA market.

I really didn't get a definitive, "this is the way it is" answer from Nikon USA service when I called them either.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow