Anyone used Windows 8 for A77 v1.06 FW update?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
r coronel
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Anyone used Windows 8 for A77 v1.06 FW update?
Jan 2, 2013

I attempted to update my A77 FW to version 1.06 from the Sony site today. The only OS listed in the dropdown for PC are Windows 7, XP, and Vista. I clicked on chat and got an immediate response from the Sony CS rep. He said that using the Windows 7 download on a Windows 8 PC will not recognize the camera. I need to check back periodically for a Windows 8 version of the 1.06 FW.

I had not attempted to download the Windows 7 version yet for fear of disabling my A77 if I  upgraded using this OS. Has anyone tried upgrading their A77 firmware to v1.06 with a PC running Windows 8?

I only have Windows 8 PCs now since my old laptop running Windows 7 had a system board failure last November. Thanks in advance for your responses.

BTW, I noticed these two items mentioned in the Sony FW download page which were interesting for me. But I did not notice any mention of the option to disable the movie button for v1.06. I saw some prior posts that the FW update did not fix the flash exposure problem.

• "Provides support for the following automatic compensation compliant lenses: Vario-Sonnar T DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA (SAL1680Z)"
  • "Improves overexposed images while in ADI flash control"
 r coronel's gear list:r coronel's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +10 more
ANSWER:
Nikon 1 V1 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow