D600 Oil & Dust still an issue?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ballwin12
Regular MemberPosts: 254Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 Oil & Dust still an issue?
In reply to imax2k2, Jan 2, 2013

imax2k2 wrote:

I did bite the bullet and reordered the D600 on Dec 28th, got it on Dec 31st with Serial #3018XXX from Amazon.com, now so far I have noticed that the shutter sound is different from my D600 which I had since September, this is not a scientific test, but just my observation I could be wrong, but perhaps something is different. I haven't seen any spots yet, but its only been maybe 40 shots so far. Btw does anyone know which serial was not supposed to have problems or were from the new batch of D600's?

My D600's SN 304xxxxx. I did not have any spot when I received.. but after around 500 shots, a lots of spots appear on the sensor at f14-22. The deal was to good ( free lens) so I keep the camera and ordered a wet cleaning kit. I think I will clean the sensor twice a year.

When will the $2000-dust-maker stop making dusts/oil? I don't know !

Very disappointed with the dishonesty/ behavior of Nikon .  I contacted Nikonusa online service, and they just replied my email with 2 links leading to how to have in-camera system clean the sensor and how to change lenses to avoid dust accumulation. No words of apology or how to address the defective issue. What's a shame! I'm Asian but I never like Asian businesses; regardless a big firm like Nikon or a small shop by the road, they just do the same way: put their profits over their customers' satisfaction!. I wish Apple made DSLR cameras !

ballwin12's gear list:ballwin12's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow