Have you swapped your DSLR for a NEX 6 or 7?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 14,009Gear list
Like?
re: supposedly Contax AF adapter for NEX is already in a pipeline...
In reply to Clayton1985, Jan 2, 2013

Clayton1985 wrote:

This is how I'm set up today except that I have the NEX 6 and sold the 7. PDAF and low light are big reasons I have the D600 but not the only reasons. I don't subscribe to the idea that a smaller system is always better. In certain situations my NEX system is much better and more fun to use but in other situations the D600 is better. There are times where the extra weight and size mean very little compared to the performance. It is often portrayed as if you always pay a huge price "lugging around the big old clunky DSLR" but I never feel that way. That is the beauty of having two systems IMO. It also allows you to fully appreciate the strengths of each system. I think if I sold my DSLR I might forget how good certain capabilities of the DSLR can be.

...so perhaps someone will finally bring aslo a smart electronic adapter allowing Av, IS and AF control for Nikkors on NEX bodies - the many advantages of having a dual-bodied system sharing exactly the same set of lensescan't be overemphasized IMO - at least this is my experience after an extensive use of very many EF lenses on a N7 + 7D dual system

If Sony releases a weather sealed full frame NEX with improved on-sensor PDAF in a slightly larger body (I'm probably in the minority here) then I'd consider moving to an all NEX system. Otherwise I'm happy with two systems.

and yes, of course this will be even better - a tripple-system: N7 (for MF and reach advantage) + N9 (for low light and - supposedly "almost" capable PDAF, at least as capable as entry level dSLRs for moderately paced action/tracking) + 7D(for fast action, reach advantage, and ultimate UI experience)

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow