ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
arijon
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Lighting question
Jan 2, 2013

Hello there,

I'm just getting started doing product photography. We're taking pictures of necklaces made out of pinecones coated with a glossy woodworker's resin. Often they are inlaid with a gem, which adds to the complexity of the shot. The goal is to showcase as much of the piece as possible (i.e. get as much detail out of the wood and gem) with minimal glare, especially the glare on the gem itself.

Our current setup:

- Cannon Rebel T2i shooting at f/16, 1/125, 100 iso

- Macro lens

- 2 speedlites in softboxes, one on either side of the piece. The softboxes are on stands set up about 6 inches above and 12 inches back from the shooting surface.

We are relatively pleased with the shots so far, but would love to hear suggestions about how to reduce the glare without getting too crazy on expensive equipment. Also, bearing in mind that we need to shoot 100+ of these at a time, so finding a way to set it up with minimal individualization between pieces would be ideal!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Ari

www.conesandstones.com

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow