hpeter
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
Re: Sorry Walt but your wrong
In reply to tbcass, Jan 2, 2013

tbcass wrote:

WaltKnapp wrote:

hpeter wrote:

You got that right. That was my feeling, I just couldn't put it in words. It felt a bit old-ish...

And for me the EVF feels ineffective with anything that moves, which is a lot of my shooting. Feels like a P&S that can't keep up. OVF, on the other hand does keep up exactly with what I'm photographing, a critical and necessary value in a viewfinder.

Enjoy your static shooting

I don't understand you Walt. Despite countless examples of people successfully shooting rapidly moving subjects, myself included, you keep repeating this fallacy. I have no trouble keeping up with the fastest moving subjects. I used OVFs for 40 years. I find following moving subjects just as easy with an EVF. There are reasons for preferring OVFs but tracking moving subjects for single to 3 FPS shooting is not among them.

-- hide signature --

Same here: I never had problems tracking fast moving subjects. I'm not a bird photographer, but I've shot an osprey carrying a fish, and was also able to follow a seagull when I tried, and it never occurred to me that it was difficult to track "becuase of the EVF".

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow