Good Book for Beginning M43 User?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,074Gear list
Re: Good Book for Beginning M43 User?
In reply to Barry Margolius, Jan 2, 2013

Barry Margolius wrote:

I have a friend who recently bought my Panasonic GH1. He's upgrading from a Canon S90. He is not really a beginner, but he is not an expert either. He looked for a book about the GH1, but found none. I was thinking that a good basic digital photography book might be his best bet, and he could "translate" that book to GH1 specifics.

Any suggestions?

I bought Brian Peterson's Field Guide recently for a similar situation.  It seemed like a pretty good primer on most subjects with some specifics for shooting in particular situations.  Probably a good place to start with regard to actually taking photos and is small enough to take with you (also available on Kindle).

Another book that is way more comprehensive and includes information from taking pictures, through PP, all the way to output for printing is Ben Long's Complete Digital Photography.

Here is a link to another thread I bookmarked when looking into it myself.  Lot's of opinions:

Optical1's gear list:Optical1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PM1 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow