Saying Goodbye

Started Jan 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 356Gear list
Like?
Re: Recommend D700
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 2, 2013

I have seen a used D700 body, go for around $1800 on Kiijii with low shutter mileage. You can also check Amazon. This has the rugged body similar to the D800, great dedicated button ergonomics, with incredible AF speed and low light / low noise while still holding lots of sharp detail at 1600 to 2000 iso. Simply great, and this is the reason I would guess, that many with this camera do not need to upgrade to D800 yet, until this camera stops working on them. I can pull out a lot of detail out of the true 12MP sensor with post and extra sharpening and prints at 16x120 are smooth tones with lots of sharp detail. Huge advantage over APSC in the lower light situations. 800 iso looks as sharp, detailed and clean noisewise as 100 iso on APS-C. Use with great lenses, some light post processing with LR or DXO eliminates any fine noise left, and Nikon flash indoors for great results.

Obviously I highly recommend the D700 camera. Cheers.

The newer cameras are also great but D700 is great value for the dollar if you can find one lightly used.

I also like Fujis higher spec cameras but I am waiting for the right model configuration.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Olympus PEN E-PL1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow