lenses under $1000 for A99

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
rob asnong
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: lenses under $1000 for A99
In reply to William Porter, Jan 2, 2013

Hi William,

I have the A99 myself for three months now. I purchased the 'old' Tamron 28-75 mm. I did so because of the very positive reviews, e.g. the one from Kurt Munger. There you will see that this lens performs overall better than the Sony version and even better than the Zeiss you mentioned!!! I agree, this lens is a bargain for the quality shots it delivers (F2.8 all the way). The screw driven AF is a bit noisy for these days norms, but I mostly use MF with peaking (love this feature so much). Build quality is more than decent for me. No BF or FF on my A99.

Compared to the new Tamron, this one seems to have a slightly better optical quality too (as some reviews showed). I don't know this myself, because I only have this one.

You can't go wrong with this proven Tamron. I have on my A77 the Sigma 17-70 mm. This is a good lens too, but not as sharp as the Tamron.

cheers,

Rob

-- hide signature --

you mentioned.
www.picasaweb.google.be/alphamember

rob asnong's gear list:rob asnong's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow