Have you swapped your DSLR for a NEX 6 or 7?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,186Gear list
Like?
Re: Have you swapped your DSLR for a NEX 6 or 7?
In reply to jafary, Jan 2, 2013

jafary wrote:

I was planning to upgrade from Nikon D90 to D7000 or a rumored D7100, but when the Nex 6 was announced it was the first time I started thinking of using a mirrorless camera. I tried it for few weeks, on vacation and around my city and finally decided to sell the DSLR and most of my lenses. I was looking for a lightweight system with most of DSLR capabilities and the NEX 6 brilliantly does that. What I'm missing today? A good telezoom with fast AF to shoot my college games. The 55-200 is definitely not good at 210mm and it's too slow. I'm also missing the menu system of Nikon. I'm still wondering what Sony engineers were thinking with this non ending Setup menu!? Fortunately there is customizable buttons but I'm still scared every time I need to get into this menu

You might consider checking out your 55-210mm copy, or exchanging it if you're still within the return limits.  You should not be having issues with the IQ at 210mm - the lens is actually quite good at that range.  While not a fast lens aperture-wise, it still should be of optimal image quality capability at the long end of the zoom.  Sony's eMount lenses have had some quality control issues, with some lenses being clearly out-of-alignment or suffering from IQ issues, while others are crystal clear and sharp across the frame.  I haven't heard too many complaints about the 55-210mm in that regard, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone got a lemon version.  It's quite common with the 18-55mm and 16mm lenses to get a bad copy while others get a great copy.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow