Anyone own BOTH an X100 and X-E1?? Which do/did you prefer???

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ezra R
Senior MemberPosts: 2,275Gear list
Like?
Owned both, sent X-E1 back to store....
In reply to Sherman90, Jan 2, 2013

Truth is, either camera takes *superb* photos. But, having owned both, I returned the X-E1.

For me (and your mileage may vary), unless I needed equiv focal length of 100mm or more, the X100 was fine. Crops from X100 are quite good, even printed up to 8x10, and I rarely print larger than this. Ergo, shooting with its lens, I was able to crop nicely with very limited image pixelation/noise, though I rarely crop more than 25%. A sample image of mine along with its ~50% crop appears below...

The X-E1 had its strong suits and the images were lovely(!), but in the end, I was using the 35/1.4 (50mm equiv) lens most of the time which I found too tight for my indoor shooting or not ideal for street shots.

Again, EITHER camera will produce stunning IQ and color rendition, but it comes down to preference and lens need. I'm very curious abotu the potential "X200"...

X-E1 + 35/1.4

X100. Full image, no crop; resized for web

X100. 50% crop

Ezra R's gear list:Ezra R's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow