DP2M Auto-ISO quirk?

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
clane47
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: DP2M Auto-ISO quirk? (and lens hood)
In reply to PicOne, Jan 2, 2013

PicOne wrote:

clane47 wrote:

PicOne wrote:

OT: I bought the dedicated lens hood.. now why in the world doesn't this come with a fitted lens cap?

-- hide signature --

'Everything in photography boils down to what's sharp and what's fuzzy.'
-Gaylord Herron

I also bought the Sigma dedicated lens hood, but I never use it. Try the B&W collapsible hood. It allows you to use the lens cap that came with the camera. I highly recommend it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/11150-REG/B_W_65069598_49mm_Screw_In_Folding_Rubber.html

Regards,

Chuck Lane

Thanks for the thought. However, couple things: 1) I actually already owned one of these exact hoods, and used on a 50mm dSLR lens I have, but didn't last more than a month or two (opening and closing hood led to rubber cracking and separating -- ie. the hood fell apart. 2) these are supposedly made for 50mm FL, any issues with vignetting with the slightly shorter FL of the Sigma (I suspect not given the relatively slow f/2.8 lens)?

-- hide signature --

'Everything in photography boils down to what's sharp and what's fuzzy.'
-Gaylord Herron

No vignetting, but I'm sorry to hear about the short life of the rubber hood! If that happens with mine then I guess I'm back to using the Sigma hood.

Regards,

Chuck Lane

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow