Canon 6D: Why is the interface so badly broken?

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
JimSab
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Re: Canon 6D: Why is the interface so badly broken?
In reply to Jason Rickerby, Jan 2, 2013

If you're getting paid for photographic jobs, you should be able to afford the camera that will get you the best shots in the most convenient way. The 6D was not specifically aimed at that notion, but more for people who wanted something cheaper.
_
I find the zoom function fantastic - it's A LOT quicker than my 5D classics zoom function, yes it's a two step process but it's quicker. You don't have to press the play button to zoom into an image, you just press zoom and it works straight after you've taken the image.
_
I was mildly bummed they removed the dual funtion button capabilities, but there are ways around it if you could read the instruction manual.
_
As for Mirror Lockup, the best way is to create a Custom Setting thing, assign it to one on the Dial and you have quick and easy Mirror Lockup!
_

The 5D classic was $3000 or so when first released, the 6D is better, faster and cheaper at RRP than the 5D, but is aimed at a different market. There shouldn't be too much to complain about.
_
_
Or as others said, get the MkII if you really miss those two features, or look around and find that you can get the MkIII for something a little under $1000 more than the 6D.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow