Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greyser
Senior MemberPosts: 3,589Gear list
Like?
First outing with the Sigma 500/4.5
Jan 2, 2013

Regardless of receiving the lens last Friday I was able to try it out only today (my wife occupied all my time before and I tried to be as supportive and loyal as I could, justifying the purchase :-D).

I took the new rig for my common walk nearby my house and local park. The day was very windy, cold (for Los Angeles) and cloudy. And I tried to use every glimpse of the sun.

I carried the lens using CarrySpeed FS-Pro Camera Sling, wich utilizes two straps attached to both camera and lens tripod mounts. And I found it very convenient and relatively unobtrusive for such monstrous lens. The lens is amazing! Focus limiter would not be hurting, indeed, but it is not available in Pentax mount.

In the end of the day almost in the dusk I was really excited when encountered a pack of deers. Before today I saw them only once in our neighborhood in more than 13 years of living here. They were far away, the light was dim, and the images came out not good at all. However, I hope this is a start.

All shots are taken handheld. The only kind of negative thing what I noticed - the output is not as contrasty as from Pentax premium glass. However, it might be due to the dullness of the light conditions.

Greyser's gear list:Greyser's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow