How good is the E35F18-OSS ? Simple test

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,480Gear list
Like?
Re: Some other comments
In reply to blue_skies, Jan 2, 2013

In terms of recommend high-35mm-IQ, I would recommend the E35F18-OSS as your first choice.

• The second choice, imo, would be the Sigma 30mm. But the lack of OSS and the 1-stop loss do hamper your nighttime availability. But otherwise, this lens is very sharp as well.
  • I still find that the ZM35 produces higher IQ - but we are pixel peeping and there are many other issues - MF (a plus in such tests) and OSS (a negative here) come into play.
  • The DT35mm has set a high standard, the E35 does beat it.

I did not really tests against the Sigma 30, E24Z, E50 and E1650PZ, but I did make some conclusions on a few shots.

• The E24Z easily outclasses the E35, but the FOV is different, and so is the lack of OSS.
  • The E50 is not as sharp as the E35, but this is based on very few shots, and I would not make this conclusive. Just that I found more sharpness in the E35 details than in the E50. It may have been a matter of focus point, or could be DOF related.
  • Lastly, the E1650PZ produces much better images - at lowlight and daylight - than I had expected!
-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow