4/3 40-150 on m4/3?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Questions thread
Klarno
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,243Gear list
Like?
Re: 4/3 40-150 on m4/3?
In reply to Darrell500, Jan 2, 2013

Darrell500 wrote:

I'm talking about version II 4/3 40-150 which doesn't appear to be much larger then the m4/3 version. I have this lens and maybe picking up a really good deal on an EP3, was just wondering if I should even bother adding the m4/3 version since the 4/3 version is so small. If you have tried this lens on m4/3 does it work OK and is it any larger then the m4/3 version?

I used this lens on my GH2 for a while, and it gave fine results. The biggest issue with it with it is the double telescoping tube construction, though; once I started using my Markins Q10 tripod head, I realized that the weakest link in the system for stability was the lens itself; slightly bumping the lens barrel would significantly change the image.

I ended up picking up a refurbished m.Zuiko 40-150. The M4/3 version is much more rigid, and only has one tube that telescopes out. Image quality is basically the same between the two, and the M4/3 version focuses much faster (though the speed of the 4/3 version isn't bad).

-- hide signature --
 Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 A3000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow