Mark K
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,550Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone own A99 and A77
In reply to GalaxyIII, Jan 2, 2013

Galaxy III

Here is a review of A99, comparing mainly to D600 and a few lines about 5D3

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/

In David's opinion, A99 is a more comparable camera to 6D and D600 rather than D800/5D3. I bought D800 and 5D3 for my Nikon and Canon optics and A99 is still very expensive here...more expensive than D800 and 5D3.

GalaxyIII wrote:

Thanks Tim for your helpful reply. IN a week Ive gone from considering Canon as my first choice and Nikon as my back up with just a slight interest in Sony. After talking with kind and helpful Nikon and Canon shooters, and alot of Sony shooters, I have eliminated Canon from my list.. Now Sony has taken center stage with Nikon still a contender. I may take your advice but with only the Sony and the Nikon. I may just look at the Nikon and see how it feels, but Ive almost eliminated it because of the lack of articulation. I may rent an A99 for a few days to make sure its the correct fit. But in either case thank you for your help and friendly advice. IM trying to make sure up front of an educated choice. What I don't know now is if the Sony is not the right fit, where do I go from there?

I just like to have a back up plan.

-- hide signature --

Mark K

Mark K's gear list:Mark K's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D800 Canon EOS 5D Mark III NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-6 +59 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow