Being coerced to shoot a wedding. I need HELP! Please chime in.

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mark K
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,367Gear list
Like?
Re: Being coerced to shoot a wedding. I need HELP! Please chime in.
In reply to GalaxyIII, Jan 2, 2013

Or on the otherway round, just go and shoot like a Pro but not kicking Pros out. You will learn much by shooting along with Pros.

GalaxyIII wrote:

Many people have been in this situation. Taking money for this wedding makes you " responsible" . A disaster could be costly. Friends can easily become enemies if all does not go well.

So Here it is " JUST SAY NO " tell her your friendship with her is much more important to you. You are not confident enough that things will go perfectly. You are Not A Pro.

a.) I'm not saying this is the case but you would not be the first to be taken advantage of a friendship so they can save the cost of a real photographer.

IN reality, if you ruin their wedding with lost or corrupt files, you could jeopardize your relationship with her. Neither you or her can guarantee a perfect shoot.

Tell her you would much rather go to the wedding and celebrate her wedding than be charge with the responsibility and possibly of being the cause for a very disappointing day. " YOU DO NOT WANT THAT RESPONSIBILIY"

If she is truly your friend, she will let you off the hook.. if she insists I'm willing to bet she looking at saving the cost of a real Photographer.. and would rather risk your friendship and at your expense, so she doesn't have to pay. Real Photographers charge 1200 to 4000 dollars for wedding photos an vids. Is she willing to pay you that? Are you able to deliver a guaranteed 1200/4000 dollar wedding portfolio?

-- hide signature --

Mark K

Mark K's gear list:Mark K's gear list
Nikon D800 Canon EOS 5D Mark III NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7R +52 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow