How do I disable the internal flash when using an external speedlite wirelessly on the 60D?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
holzlondon
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
How do I disable the internal flash when using an external speedlite wirelessly on the 60D?
Jan 2, 2013

Hi,

I'm new here, but have come for help to a problem I'm having.

I own a 60D and a Speedlite 600 EX-RT.  No problem using them connected.

I've also managed to connect wirelessly to the Speedlite and use the built-in flash as the slave and the Speedlite as the master.

According to the user manual and other sources, I should be easily able to disable the internal flash from flashing and only using the wirelessly connected Speedlite.

Unfortunately, no matter what I do in the settings, I can only ever either fire both, or neither of the flashes.

It's a little frustrating.  I'm not totally new to photography or even SLR cameras, but it was many years ago (before the digital photography age) that I was really fit.  Now I feel I'm learning totally from scratch - fun but a bit slow.

Maybe someone out there has had the same situation and can help me, or point me in the right direction? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow