Need a recommendation for an off brand wireless or cable remote cord for D800

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,853Gear list
Like?
Phottix is another choice
In reply to Pearlie, Jan 2, 2013

You have several choices compatible with a D800. They all use radio waves, work to 100 meters, and do not require line of sight between transmitter and receiver:

• Cleon II  and Plato can be used both wirelessly and wired (using the receiver only). They don't require batteries when used as wired remots. They differ by the wavelength used.
  • I've never had the Hero : it is much more than just a wireless as the remote displays the image which has just been taken

They can be bought at the Phottix store at least in the US. The web site lists other locations for those who lives outside of the US.

Members of dpreview's forum have often bought these and posted their feedback (only positive to my knowledge). Use the forum search function to look for "phottix" and you should be able to read them for yourself.

I'm not aware of dpreview posting a review on these specific remotes. But they did review another type of remote here (Odin TTL remote flash trigger) which gives you an idea of how well thought their products are.

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow