Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
multiplier
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
advice on night photography with P7700 at Carnival celebration
Jan 2, 2013

I'm a photography novice traveling down to Uruguay for Carnival at the end of this month with my  new P7700. Would love some advice how to optimize this experience and not screw up a good photography opportunity.

My experience so far taking night photos with this camera has been pretty mixed. I've tried using the Auto mode, but photos end up pretty smeared looking. I've also experimented with both Sunset and Night Portrait mode. They're both decent so long as there's very little movement. I've also tried adjusting the lighting dial which helped make the sky less black/featureless in certain photos.

Beyond this, though, I would love some feedback on your own experiences using the P7700 at night and some of your own strategies. To make things trickier, there will be plenty of dancing and movement during Carnival, so I'd like a better game plan for capturing that. Thanks!

Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow